A car navigation system must correctly detect the vehicle’s current location and indicate it on the map display. Two systems are available: the independent (estimation) navigation system in which the vehicle itself detects its current location, and the GPS (satellite) navigation system that uses GPS signals.
DENSO’s Car Navigation is a hybrid system that combines the two technologies, making navigation possible even in areas out of reach of a GPS signal. Designed in conjunction with a number of vehicle manufacturers for optimised styling, convenience and ease of use, the DENSO system consists of a navigation ECU, GPS antenna, in-dash display with touch screen control or a foldout display with remote controller.
- Fast display scrolling and route searching
- Scope for multi-route input and up to 106 pre-programmed locations
- Touch screen display and/or remote control options
- Large menu of tourist attractions, restaurants, hotels, shops, community services and amusements
- Second-to-none voice guidance tailored to each country’s road conditions
- Accurate operation in any environmental and driving conditions
- Integrates with other systems such as car air conditioning and audio equipment