DENSO to Exhibit at IAA in Frankfurt
KARIYA (Japan) ― DENSO Corporation today announced that it will exhibit at the IAA (Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung) Motor Show to be held in Frankfurt, Germany, September 17-27. DENSO will showcase advanced technologies and products in the key areas of environment and safety.
DENSO’s goal is to help realize a sustainable society by increasing the fuel efficiency of automotive powertrains and air conditioning systems and by using energy efficiently through micro-grid.
DENSO will display direct gasoline injection systems and diesel common rail systems to demonstrate how fuel is burned in the engine, which usually cannot be seen, by using projection mapping techniques.
DENSO will display technologies and activities to help create an automotive society free from accidents, including active safety systems to detect unintended lane departure and the presence of pedestrians. DENSO has been working on V2X technology since 2003, and it will demonstrate how that technology connects vehicles to infrastructure and other vehicles and warns the driver regarding traffic congestion on the road ahead or other traffic conditions out of the line of sight.
DENSO’s vehicle cockpit simulator will allow visitors to experience DENSO’s safety technology for future driving, such as alerting the driver that the vehicle is approaching an accident and giving the driver an option for selecting automated driving for highway merging and lane changes.
- Last fiscal year, DENSO allocated 9.2 per cent of its consolidated global sales into research and development. To further accelerate its R&D capability worldwide, DENSO has established technical centres in India and Brazil, and has increased the design and testing facilities at its engineering centres in Eching and Wegberg, Germany.
- The company also has technical centres in the United States, China and Thailand and aims to promote the collaboration among the technical and engineering centres to realize more advanced technology while meeting each market’s needs.
- DENSO Corporation, headquartered in Kariya, Japan, is a leading global automotive supplier of advanced technology, systems and components in the areas of thermal, powertrain control, electronics and information and safety. Its customers include all the world’s major carmakers.
- Worldwide, the company has more than 200 subsidiaries and affiliates in 38 countries and regions (including Japan) and employs more than 146,000 people. Consolidated global sales for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2015, totalled € 31.9 billion.
- In Europe, DENSO employs around 14,500 people, with consolidated sales totalling € 4.1 billion for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2015. DENSO’s European operations include sales offices in Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Russia, Sweden, the Netherlands and the United Kingdom. In addition, the company operates manufacturing facilities in the Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Poland, Portugal, Spain, the U.K. and Morocco. DENSO AUTOMOTIVE Deutschland GmbH employs more than 550 people in six locations.
- For more information, go to globaldenso.com, or the European website www.denso-europe.com.