DENSO Receives 11 GM Supplier Quality Excellence Awards World-wide
Two DENSO plants in Europe take home GM’s highest award for supplier quality
DENSO received 11 General Motors (GM) Supplier Quality Excellence awards world-wide for its efforts in 2014. The award, which is GM’s highest global award for supplier quality, recognizes production plants and facilities that meet a stringent set of quality performance criteria.
“Quality is the foundation of DENSO, and to be recognized by General Motors is a great honor,” said Scott Crockett, director of Quality for DENSO International America, Inc., DENSO’s North American headquarters and globally responsible for GM Sales. “Without our employees’ great attention to detail and hard work, we wouldn’t be able to achieve these levels of quality and receive multiple awards.”
- DENSO Barcelona S.A. in Barcelona, Spain
- ASMO Czech, s.r.o. in Zrunad Sázavou, Czech Republic
Around the world
- DENSO Corp. – Daian Plant in Inabe, Mie prefecture, Japan
- DENSO Corp. – Anjo Plant in Anjo, Aichi Prefecture, Japan
- Hamanako DENSO Co. Ltd. – Hamaden Plant in Kosai City, Shizuoka Prefecture, Japan
- DENSO Korea Electronics Corp. in KyongNam, Changwon, Sungsangu, Oedong
- DENSO Manufacturing Tennessee, Inc. – Plant 201 in Maryville, Tennessee (third consecutive year)
- DENSO Manufacturing Tennessee, Inc. – Plant 101/102 in Maryville, Tennessee
- DENSO Manufacturing Athens Tennessee, Inc. in Athens, Tennessee
- DENSO Mexico S.A. de C.V. – Guadalupe Plant in Guadalupe City, Nuevo León State, Mexico
- ASMO Greenville of North Carolina, Inc. in Greenville, North Carolina
About the Award
The GM Supplier Quality Excellence Award was implemented in 2012 as a way to recognize the top 7 percent of product suppliers who are compliant and meet a stringent set of quality performance criteria as well as provide cross-functional support to GM. Suppliers are awarded based on their performance from July 1 through June 30 each year.
About DENSO Corporation:
DENSO Corporation, headquartered in Kariya, Aichi prefecture, Japan, is a leading global automotive supplier of advanced technology, systems and components in the areas of thermal, powertrain control, electronics and information and safety. Its customers include all the world’s major carmakers. Worldwide, the company has more than 200 subsidiaries and affiliates in 38 countries and regions (including Japan) and employs nearly 140,000 people. Consolidated global sales for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2014, totaled US$39.8 billion. Last fiscal year, DENSO spent 9.0 percent of its global consolidated sales on research and development. DENSO common stock is traded on the Tokyo and Nagoya stock exchanges. For more information, go to www.globaldenso.com.